W208 CLK A Pillar Trim removal for DAB aerial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian D

Car
CLK 200 Avantgarde
All, I searched but couldn't find an answer, so hopefully someone can help !

I need to install a stick on windscreen DAB aerial into a 1999 W208 CLK.

Plan is to remove the passenger side A Pillar and feed the cable down into the back of the dash.

Anyone got any guidance on how to remove the A pillar without breaking anything ?

Anyone got any advice on the routing of the aerial ?
Thanks
IAN D.

All, I searched but couldn't find an answer, so hopefully someone can help !

I need to install a stick on windscreen DAB aerial into a 1999 W208 CLK.

Plan is to remove the passenger side A Pillar and feed the cable down into the back of the dash.

Anyone got any guidance on how to remove the A pillar without breaking anything ?

Anyone got any advice on the routing of the aerial ?
Thanks
IAN D.
I've got the same Q did you manage to sort it as any help appreciated

Not sure you will get an answer from a 9 year old post? anyway. all you need to do is pull the trim back enough to fet the DAB antenna. 75% up the A piller trim there is a join, you can feed the cable in to there, then down the inside of the trim down to the dash. Do it high on the drivers side and you can get easy access via the fuse panel

Lol, not a problem managed to get a copy of WIS and spent the afternoon working out how it works and learning shizzle, all good now thanks

Not sure you will get an answer from a 9 year old post? anyway. all you need to do is pull the trim back enough to fet the DAB antenna. 75% up the A piller trim there is a join, you can feed the cable in to there, then down the inside of the trim down to the dash. Do it high on the drivers side and you can get easy access via the fuse panel
Cheers boss that sounds a lot easier than the recommended way, remove sun visor, upper windscreen trim, a pillar cover etc

All done I had to remove sun visors, top strip, to access the door pillars but now onto next part of project

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom