W208 CLK Camber ajustment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrbon

Car
230k CLK Avantgarde Cabriolet
Is it possible to adjust the camber on the front and rear of a 2000 CLK avantgarde or will i need to buy a camber kit/camber bolts?

My camber is out all round, and the guy in the shop said it wasnt ajustable, ive since heard it is, can anyone give me any advice on this?

My geometry measurements are below for those who understand them, the geometry guy said id be better off leaving them like this as grip and cornering will be improved.

However the car still tramlines a bit and seems to skip forwards when the wheels are turned at low speed.

Could the camber be causing this?

1ptaao

When you asked about doing this I said
"The Advantgarde is already about 30-35mm lower than an Elegance and will already be fairly firm with that suspension and 18in wheels and their tyres. It dependswhat you want if looks is everything then loweraway. But if ride and usability matter then think carefully. BTW if you lower yourcar too much you will put out your cars geometry and knacker you tyres. Lowering your car also needs to be declared to your insurers or else they can invalidate a claim. Think hard before doing it and read theother threads in this section on thesame subject."

I think from memory you can adjust the camber but a couple of degrees but I'd now take the car to a MB dealer with the full Suspension rig and have it properly set up. It will maybe set you back £200 now but thats nothing to the tyres your get through if you dont! All as ever just IMHO.

i did note what you said, but my camber was out prior to the lowering anyway, the tyres arent wearing that unevenly, and the camber guy thinks they will only last a little less than if set up properly, im just wondering if it will solve my other problems, which were present before lowering?

if not ill leave it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom