w208 CLK convert single to double DIN?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
Hi I need to upgrade the W208 CLK's stereo to USB stick input and Bluetooth at minimum but quite fancied one of these Erisin ES1006GEN 7" HD 3G WiFi Car DVD player TV GPS iPod SD Color illumination | eBay
another member fitted one during resto on his CL I have a single DIN at moment and the storage orifice is Double DIN conversion simple or whats involved re TRim removal I am not looking for another big project at moment but if its a relatively simple job
Boyd

Another question is power supply I seem to remember that when I replaced the 210's or the 202's or was it the 124:confused: ( several years ago ) stereo i had to run another power lead from the Cig Lighter ? or something to ensure a permanent supply to standby when ignition was off ie so the unit remembered all the stations settings etc

when i done mine it was just a case of ripping out the cubby fitting the double din in. I think you do have to run a feed from the ciggie lighter as well.

If i can do it anyone can !!!

The power from the socket is used to provide a switched power as the current supply is perm live with radio getting its wake/sleep commands via the canbus.

Depends on the year of car with pre facelift cars you don't need to bring over another live cable a single to double din can utilise the existing ISO connectors it really is plug and play on pre face lift to remove the cubby fit the new double din facia and fit the double din head unit 30 mins tops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom