W208 CLK Convertible -2001 model with 38 pin - which diagnostics to buy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ala

Car
clk 230
Hi All. I have searched before posting but cannot find an answer that fits perfectly.

My w208 has a 38 pin connector. I can use an OBD with adapter lead for basic diagnostic reads. I currently have an SRS light on. I have cleaned the terminals under the passenger seat and it has not gone off. The light actually came on when the vehicle broke down in France and was towed to Mercedes for repair.

I am looking at changing to a newer Mercedes in the near future. Is there any tool recommendations for diagnostics? I have looked at carsoft but they seem to be 2001> with obd2 - not indicating this 38 pin.

My question is - What can I buy that will sort this and see me on to the newer car (about 08ish).

Thanks,

Alan

if you can get it for a decent price you cannot do better than a Star machine, as it will help you find the faulty unit and its location.

Thanks for the reply..

I have been looking for a star system.. Only I have seen seem to be quite pricey. As a short term solution I have booked the CLK into a local independent with Star to get it diagnosed/reset. Once I finally get round to choosing new car I think I might need to buy a good diagnostic set up.

Alan

The far cheaper and good alternative for your vehicle is Carsoft 7.4.

It is laptop based, but does a comprehensive set of diagnostics which also include gearbox and engine adaptation resets and service interval resets, plus live data.

However it will not do the newer models such as W204s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom