W208 CLK convertible with TAN interior!?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smile

Car
'02 W208 CLK Convertble
MERCEDES CLK 320 CONVERTABLE 52 PLATE | eBay

Not particularly good value for money, and a pretty crappy advert. But what drew me in was what appears to be Tan leather seats! I've never seen Tan leather on a W208 CLK before, was it an option? Or has somebody dyed these themselves?

Looks nice either way.

Looks pretty factory to me, plus the wood trim - possibly a designo order?

Maybe not a 'bargain', but if it's as nice as it looks, £3995 doesn't strike me as hugely overpriced for a pretty unique '52 plate CLK cabriolet :)

^ +1 Loverly condition.......priceless:)

You're right,poor advert and they haven't even given it a wash.
Irrespective, great colour combination and provided its in reasonable condition for its age at £3500 it's a lot of car for the money......stylish too.

Thats Designo , look at the wood.

Lovely :cool:

I've never heard of the Designo option. Can somebody school me on it? What kind of additional options were available?

I love the Tan leather, definitely my favourite colour interior. I always thought it was ridiculous that the W208 only seemed to come in Grey, Black or Grey/Blue two-tone. Not a fan of the wood they've used though.
If only the roof was Tan coloured as well! If it had climate control then it'd probably be my ideal W208.

I noticed this one as well with a Designo interior, looks really nice with the red leather. I saw one other with red leather, but the dashboard was red too and it looked awful!
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Last edited:
All sorts of enhancements, but typically aesthetic and very expensive:

Different colour paint colours - from subtle to ridiculous - Google "Designo Mystic Blue"
Different colour leather - again from subtle to ridiculous
Different colour dashboard trim - you guessed it from subtle to ridiculous
Different wheels - ah-ha, got you, almost always subtle

Done right Designo cars are wonderful things (eg c240sport's gorgeous CL55 AMG).

Many are so subtly different, most people would never notice.

Done badly they're a flashing beacon of bad taste.

Designo is a way of charging you even more money for the same thing but in a different colour i.e. the interior and exterior colours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom