w208 CLK drive ball joint / Steering Knuckle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSinghMerc

Car
class w202 230 K
Dear Team,

I am replacing the lower drive ball joint on my w208, it has a small pin, when I removed the old one from the steering Knuckle, the pin is stuck in the steering Knuckle.

Please advise what my options are?

thank you

Dear Team,

I am replacing the lower drive ball joint on my w208, it has a small pin, when I removed the old one from the steering Knuckle, the pin is stuck in the steering Knuckle.

Please advise what my options are?

thank you
Let’s see a picture buddy

Hi
The ball joint on a 202/208 has a roll pin to locate it to the "steering knuckle" it sounds like the O/P's ball joint has come away leaving the roll pin in the knuckle.
To the O/P i wouldn't think it would require to much persuasion to remove with plenty of release oil and a pair mole grips and twist and manipulate out. Alternatively remove the roll pin from the new ball joint and just use the old roll pin.

Dear All, thank you for your advise.
I have now securely put the steering component back together.
I am now concentrating on the rear wheel components

Hello all, I require driver side front spindle knuckle for my w208 clk55, had anyone got one or any ideas where I can get it?

the tie rod end outer, that connects to the knuckle is leaking, my mechanic has said that the bolt is moving freeing in that knuckle hole, so the nut cannot hold the tie rod end out.
what are the solutions to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom