W208 clk full respray cost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys
Looking for a place around north London to do a full respray on my clk55,but to be honest the location isn't a problem as long as the quality and the price will be good.
So far visited few bodyshop places and they said something from £2.500 to £3000
Is that a normal price for a full respray? Or are they trying to rip me off)))
And does anyone knows a good place in London that does a good job?
Thanks in advance guys every help will be very much appreciated

It will depend how much preparation the car needs, are you changing the colour or keeping the same?

Could you do some of the preparation yourself to save labour?

Look for legend vehicle specilalists. Should be your way. They do a fantastic job!

£3k is about the going rate for a complete respray on a W208 if you are stripping all the panels, doing the inner doors etc, theres a lot of trim to come off and go back on and along with it a lot of man hours. £3k is exactly what the painter I use charges for the job on a w208 but boy is it a good job when its done.

Not often you need to do the whole car though unless its a project, if some panels are good you might be able to get away with panel replacement and have those blown into the existing panels which have had paint correction first, a much cheaper option.

Hi guys
Looking for a place around north London to do a full respray on my clk55,but to be honest the location isn't a problem as long as the quality and the price will be good.

You get what you pay for with body work.

Pay £1000 you get a £1000 respray, don't get me wrong though I have had small cars done for under £1000 and they have been just as good as a £3000 job but you must keep cost relative to the size of the vehicle and the paint cost job type and expectation.

Lots of stripping and prep work chemicals and other stuff you don't think of, prepping the body will reveal rust damage defects you wont have seen before and all this takes time.

I help in the bodyshop next door when they get busy, I remove door panels chrome, trims, spoilers, skirts, remove glass and drop the engines and subframes out of the heavy crash repair stuff they do.

The labour involved is high especially full resprays as there's more to them than you imagine, if you think its a case of mask the glass and wheels and spray away them you are mistaken.

:)

Dude is the paintwork that bad you need to completely respray?

i wouldnt say its that bad but the places i visited they said its about sorting out the hidden rusts and then i want it sprayed in a brilliant silver the same paint as the new merc silver cars painted in

It will depend how much preparation the car needs, are you changing the colour or keeping the same?

Could you do some of the preparation yourself to save labour?
i want it painted in a brilliant silver as the new silver mercs painted in
i can do some stripping like the bumpers trims door mirrors headlights and some sanding

Are you going to keep it forever ? If not , be aware that potential buyers may be put off by a car with a different colour in the engine bay , boot etc.

I wouldn't buy a car where it didn't all match.

astamir said:
Hi guys

Have you tried to contact Clive yet? He is/was a member on this forum and regularly posts on the "other" forum. He has painted some members cars and does alot of Mercs. I think his name on the other forum is Benzworks. HTH.

i wouldnt say its that bad but the places i visited they said its about sorting out the hidden rusts and then i want it sprayed in a brilliant silver the same paint as the new merc silver cars painted in

Do you intend on keeping the car?

Potentially, could you put that £3k ontop of the car you have and PX it for something newer?

That's what I would do!

Do you intend on keeping the car?

Potentially, could you put that £3k ontop of the car you have and PX it for something newer?

That's what I would do!
unfortunately the dealers undervalue my car and i wont make a good deal out of PX
if i would find a place where i would get the job done for something between 1500 and 2000 i would be happy to pay that and keep it

unfortunately the dealers undervalue my car and i wont make a good deal out of PX
if i would find a place where i would get the job done for something between 1500 and 2000 i would be happy to pay that and keep it

Take a quick overdraft, get the new motor with overdraft + £3k, or £2k or whatever, sell the car privately, repay the overdraft

But if you want to keep it I understand. Best thing I ever did was the sell the car I loved most, it was absolutely annihilating my pocket. Every day I would think of new ways to make myself poor by finding imperfections in it.

Pm sent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom