W208 CLK lack of power @ 2000RPM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

allias

Car
00' W210 Est 320CDI
Hello all

I got small (I hope) problem with my CLK 230K. This morning when I took-off from my driveway and try to accelerate my car start misfire (of it felt like it). When I looked at this closer in what way and when it act I noticed it got problems under load. It will drive fine untill 2000-2500 RPMs on any gear but as soon I will try accelerate harder of it will be under heavier load it "jumps and jutter (?)" and it feels like engine is dying.

I think it might have problem with mixture as soon kompressor sends more air. It works fine when idle but even on P when I rev engine it get to 3000+ and it act the same. Almost like clutch would be slipping (this is auto).

Ive been told it possibly might have problem with MAS as it seems to be common. I will have this scanned tommorow but I really would like to get some of your opinion. Is it save to drive? What sort of problems I can expect.

So far I've done plugs on them (it was about 6000k miles ago) and regular service and that would it. Other then that car drove fine even yesterday when I did short trip on a evening. It never had problems with power before. This came out of nowhere.

If this would be MAS... where is is located on this engine? Where is a boost sensor on them? Are they prone to go as well?

Any feedback and help much appricated. Thanks.

As it turns out the first thing I need to take care of is PCV Valve. It seems to be blocked. I might need to change couple hoses as well. I wonder if that will help? Will this also cause low mpg?

It turns out my spark plugs where loose. I got no idea how that happend but it looks like engine was loosing presure in head while under higher load and it was leaking in sockets under spark plugs.

I changed plugs as well as tightnened them. Im only concern about the fact there was a lot of oil around plugs. I realize gaskets can be damaged but I wonder if its just a problem with gasket/gaskets or is it a problem with some other stuff.

What problems can I expect?

Sounds like it is in Limp home mode and will need the codes reset hope this helps :)

Sounds like it is in Limp home mode and will need the codes reset hope this helps :)

What do you mean? If it was running wrong and I had a chance to do something then I need to adopt new conditions? It is every single time? If so... can I do it by disconnecting battery?

...it all sound strange...

No it has to have the engine managment ECU looked at to remove any codes that caused problems, the codes also tell you what has gone wrong so you can fix it :)
I had a Frontera Jeep and one of the sensors gave a bad reading and the ecu made the engine go into limp home mode just means it trys to save the engine from any major damage in my case with the frontera it was the temp sensor had gave wrong reading and it saved it self by going slower :crazy: ie 2500 rpm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom