W208 CLK230 Kompressor (1998) lazy at mornings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alphawing

Car
W208 CLK230 Kompressor
Greetings everyone ..hows it going?
Im a proud owner of a w208..quite a thirsty thing but still love it hehe its just an awesome car.
I do have one issue with it tho...every morning the first 2-5 minutes i can feel the engine very lazy at low revs ..i have to go to 3k+ for the ride to be quite smooth again..
This issue does fix itself after the engine catches temp and gets to 80°C ...then for the rest of the day its silk smooth.
My issue only happens in the mornings at the first startup. All others throughout the day are fine.

My first thoughts are that maybe the injectors are dirty and probably need cleaning up (eventhough the car has 145000 km) but im not a mechanic so im not sure...any tips or hints on whats causing this?

Thanks and respect

Greetings everyone ..hows it going?
Im a proud owner of a w208..quite a thirsty thing but still love it hehe its just an awesome car.
I do have one issue with it tho...every morning the first 2-5 minutes i can feel the engine very lazy at low revs ..i have to go to 3k+ for the ride to be quite smooth again..
This issue does fix itself after the engine catches temp and gets to 80°C ...then for the rest of the day its silk smooth.
My issue only happens in the mornings at the first startup. All others throughout the day are fine.

My first thoughts are that maybe the injectors are dirty and probably need cleaning up (eventhough the car has 145000 km) but im not a mechanic so im not sure...any tips or hints on whats causing this?

Thanks and respect

Hi sounds normal to me. They hold the revs and gears longer to get the cats upto temp to help emissions! The only way I can describe how it feels is its sort of hesitant selecting gears if that makes sense! But like you say 2 or so minutes its back to normal. You get used to it, I just drive like miss daisy at first start for 10mins now till she's warm! Maybe Iam getting old ha ha. Oh congrats on your new car too. Carl

I think the ignition timing is advanced slightly as well while the cars warming up, so it sometimes sounds noiser, like the exhaust is blowing slightly

Hi sounds normal to me. They hold the revs and gears longer to get the cats upto temp to help emissions! The only way I can describe how it feels is its sort of hesitant selecting gears if that makes sense! But like you say 2 or so minutes its back to normal. You get used to it, I just drive like miss daisy at first start for 10mins now till she's warm! Maybe Iam getting old ha ha. Oh congrats on your new car too. Carl
Oh i see...so i should try and get used to it hehe. I thought it probably was somekind of minor thing which could be fixed in a moment xD hehe thanks for the tip!
I think the ignition timing is advanced slightly as well while the cars warming up, so it sometimes sounds noiser, like the exhaust is blowing slightly

Yeah something like that you can hear some "brrr" in the exhaust if you put your foot down at low revs...whats causing it?

I think it maybe slightly over fueling to heat the cat up. After a minute or two it should be gone. Youĺl soon get use to it.

2000 clk 230 and mine does exactly the same... 10 mins and all is well I wouldn't worry.

Oh alright so its totally normal i see hehe . thank you all for the reply's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom