W208 CLK230 mini restoration...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

99CLK

Car
CLK
Hello all, newbie here!

I'm attempting to recommission a 1999 CLK 230 Cabriolet that's been laid up for almost 3 years.

At the moment I've got it running and driving and have stripped most of the interior to get it properly dried out.

So far I've encountered quite a few electrical gremlins, so I'm hoping somebody will be able to assist as I'm not really familiar with the more modern electrical systems... I've already fixed a BAS/ESP fault and have refurbished the door control module and seat switches to get all the seats moving again.

At the moment my big problem is the dash lights coming back on about 15 seconds after the car has been locked (on the fob). Would be very grateful for any pointers :)

Ok, so now I've also managed to get all the electric windows working. Those rear ones are a bit fiddly!

Still got the strange issue with the dash lights staying on, that's going to require a bit of time with the multimeter I think :(

Does the car have a handsfree kit or after market headunit? something could be permanently wired to the ignition connections and possibly turning the car back on as such?

^^^^^ +1

I had a battery drain problem which was caused by an after market stereo.

Good luck with the project, keep us up-dated and I'm sure everyone will help with advice where they can.

Pics are always a plus :thumb:

It does have an aftermarket hands free kit (see pics below), I'll rip that out and see if it makes any difference :)

IMAG0429.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg

I do like the Quartz Blue :)

IMAG0424.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom