W208 CLK320 Wheels Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris clk320

Car
CLK 320 conv. W124 e220 coup
HI,

So in an attempt to save some pennies and not shell out £200 notes to get my existing wheels refurbed I bought a set of rims off ebay that had already been refurbed and are identical to mine except they are in Gunmental grey which I thought would be nice. In the hope to direct swap my tyres over which are 205 wide

Anyway on closer inspection two of the wheels are 7J wide and have a A208 starting code and two are slightly wider 7 1/2J and a A210 starting code number.

Offset is different too E37 on the CLK originals and E41 on the wider E-class wheels.

Seller assured me he had them on 205 wide rubber and on a CLK320.

Question is will a 205 wide tyre work on the slightly wider wheel or am I in for a new wider tyre and will the offset if used on the back wheels make a difference?

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 14
Ive never had such a non response toa post haveI been blonde!! and missed something?

There is such a small difference, the tyres will fit fine on slightly wider rears. What profile tyres are they?

The rear offset difference is just to make up for the wider rim.

Hi
Thanks for the response the are 55 profile.
So all should be fine.

Thanks

Thanks, want to keep the car totally original but thought the colour might be nice.

Tyres will be fine. The rear rim will sit further in, around 10mm closer to the body but should be fine.

Thanks Guys, just need to find a decent fitter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom