W208 CLK430 spring shims / nibs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26392

I managed to get 4 H&R lowering springs and two new rear Bilstein shocks for the winter run a round as I felt it sat too high previously. Had them fitted today and whilst the ride is dandy I think the rear is just a tad too low.

Can anyone confirm what sizes the shim nib pads come in and are they generic for all mercs or do I need specific ones for the 208 CLK?

Scott

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm the shim size options for a 208 clk?

ForumRunner_20160123_153912.jpg

What have you got in there now? There are 3 thicknesses of spring pads, identifiable by the small tabs at the bottom.

What have you got in there now? There are 3 thicknesses of spring pads, identifiable by the small tabs at the bottom.

Thanks carat. I'm not sure as the garage fitted the springs and shocks. It's a standard clk430 with avangarde sports suspension. Do they all come with the same to start with?

Scott

no, they vary. you should be able to see with a torch the nipples on the pads by lying on the floor . if yours is a 2 blob, buy some 3 blobs.....

Sorry to bring this back up from the dead but I have decided I need to raise the back a bit as it's too much boy racer for my liking!

Can anyone confirm what the part number is or a supplier of the 3 nib pads please as my dealer is useless.

Ta
Scott

Sorry to bring this back up from the dead but I have decided I need to raise the back a bit as it's too much boy racer for my liking!

Can anyone confirm what the part number is or a supplier of the 3 nib pads please as my dealer is useless.

It should be 210 325 03 84

Last edited:
Thanks Carat. I will email back my dealer. Scott

Thanks Carat. I will email back my dealer. Scott

Dealer confirmed two for £9! Collect Friday. Cheers. Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom