W208 CLK55 limited editions??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wasn't the CLK GTR the special edition for the W208?

I don't know a huge amount about the W208 CLK55 but I don't believe there were. The Convertible is super rare though, I forget the exact number but there were a very small number registered in the UK, 8 perhaps. The W209 CLK55 was much more common in relative terms.

Years ago there were regular posts on MBClub asking about the McLaren special edition, and I think it was confirmed at the time as being something the seller of a car made up. Search the forum for more information.

I think the McLaren thing was a guy with a C43? It then reappeared for sale years later but needing TLC I think.

The CLK55 cabriolets were, as I understand it, bespoke special order cars - essentially a CLK430 with the AMG bits swapped over, but I think they still had the 430 steering wheels and cluster for some reason (at least a couple I’ve seen had)

There were optional 18” AMG two piece wheels and I remember a guy who had one on here with very unusual seats - but I don’t remember it being a special edition.

I think the McLaren thing was a guy with a C43? It then reappeared for sale years later but needing TLC I think.

The CLK55 cabriolets were, as I understand it, bespoke special order cars - essentially a CLK430 with the AMG bits swapped over, but I think they still had the 430 steering wheels and cluster for some reason (at least a couple I’ve seen had)

There were optional 18” AMG two piece wheels and I remember a guy who had one on here with very unusual seats - but I don’t remember it being a special edition.
Will, I think you're right it was the C43.

I still kick myself, not buying a CLK55 convertible when a very nice one came up for sale at £8995 from a posh car dealer. It was right around the time I was going to have a go at the Brabus Rocket, which is still for sale now, five or more years later. Should have gone for the CLK55!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom