W208 clk55 noisy steering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi guys
Having another problem with the car and need your help to finding what's the problem is
I'm getting a whining noise from the steering pump or the steering box
The noise is greater on a turn to the left and the strange thing is only when you driving forward no noise when you reversing though
I made a short video clip of that and will try to upload it here
Thanks in advance

do you have noise when you want to go out from tight parking spots, when you have to fiddle back n forth turning your wheel to max to left/right?

did you check fluid level?

kowalski said:
do you have noise when you want to go out from tight parking spots, when you have to fiddle back n forth turning your wheel to max to left/right? did you check fluid level?
Yeah I'm having the noise from time to time now even with just small turn and I checked the fluid level all looks good
It sounds more like a pump
Thanks for the help anyway

HELP NEEDED PLEASE BEFORE ILL START THROWING IN CASH IN IT))))
Thanks

That sounds like the brake shield is rubbing on the disk.

Simple fix of reaching under and bending it slightly so it isnt rubbing.

Sp!ke said:
That sounds like the brake shield is rubbing on the disk. Simple fix of reaching under and bending it slightly so it isnt rubbing.
That was the first check I did, took the wheels off,checked for the rubbing place didn't see anything ,put the wheels back on jacked the front end up turned the wheels side to side spinning them no sound on the wheels, but makes the squeaky sound when turning the wheels to sides

check again - I'll put money on it being something rubbing (almost certainly the brake shield)

Just take the wheels off and lever the shields away from the disk a few mm around the entire circumference of the brake shield.

After yesterday's rain took it out for a drive no noise
Can it be dried out bushes or something?
Checked the dust shield as well all looks good
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom