W208 Clk55, passenger windows issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSinghMerc

Car
class w202 230 K
Dear Team

I have have changed the passenger door recently.
Now the windows roll up or down does not work, this when you push down or up on the second click.
Also, when the passenger door is closed, and you hold down the windows switch it comes down, but when you hold the switch up, the windows goes all the way up and comes down a little bit and then stops, but when I try to hod the switch up, the windows starts to come down??
What is appending here,
The drivers door windows works fine.
The sun roof switch works in a funny way also.
Please can some of help me, please

I think the door you have fitted is from a 2001 or newer car, and you must have left the door control module on it. The very last cars have the slight window drop as you open the door and they close it again when the door is closed. The earlier cars don’t have this functionality. If your car is earlier I’d suggest trying a swap of the door control module from your old door, but you may need to swap the window motor as well.

Hello jobsworth,
My car is 2002, so the unchanged drivers door, so the windows drops when I open the door and then goes up when I shut.
The passers door is from 2000 plate, I have swapped everything , the module, but not the window motor.
When I close the door and sit in, I hold the passenger winder witch Down it goes down, but roll down function does not work. Then if I hold the switch up it goes up all the way and drops down that 1inch or so. It doesn't stay up. Then if I push it up so the second click, it actually starts to go down.
Could it be the 2000 window motor is different, but the when I put the passenger door from the 2000 plate, the batter was already flat so now the sun roof is also plating funny games when I operate the sunroof switch.

I am in Essex, is there anyone that can help?

It’s the opposite to what I expected then. You’ve put an early door on a late model car. It could well be the difference is in the motor. A call to mercedes parts department should be able to establish if there is a part number change. The sunroof issue sounds weird though. Have you tried holding the button for ten seconds at the fully open and fully closed positions?

Dear Jobsworth, I have the old passenger door , so I can put the that back on, and will let you know if the old door work i.e its window, the sun roof I will try the solutions you have suggested.
But could a windows motor really be different?

Before you do that, have you refitted the small plastic surround, secured with a single screw, that fits on the door card where the latch is? It presses the pin switch that tells the module that the door is shut. Without it the window won’t close completely

Hello jobs worth, no I have not, let me try this tomorrow and will revert back, I hope this is the issue.

As Jobsworth mentioned at #4, sounds like the flat battery has caused some problems, maybe try resetting the passenger window along with the sunroof…

thank you,

I just now need a clk 2002 drivers side door in silver, any ideas?

dear Team, thank you all for your help, i have completed this task

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom