W208 CLK55 Wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Narbar

Car
W124 E200
Hi, ive been looking at these for along time and ive decided its finally the time for me to treat my self to one!

Ive been reseaching these amazing cars now for along time and im very satisfied in everything (apart from rust issues) that ive read.

Ive been looking for a few months now but the only ones ive been interested in have turned out to be either dodgy cars or dodgy sellers so ive decided to stop messing around and come straight to this owners club to see if anyone is interested in selling there CLK55 as im sure the sellers on here are going to be alot more trust worthy!

If anyone is interested please PM me and we can discuss the car and the money, thanks Dean

thanks for the replies! I do like the 430's and 500's but ive got my heart set on a W208 CLK55 :)

Last edited:
It does look like the supply has dried up a bit for the W208 CLK55. I've not looked that recently but a year ago when I was looking for one there was about 10 on autotrader (and I called all the sellers) and a few on ebay. Lately it's been down to 2 or 3 (same ones as a year ago!).

If you see anything you like feel free to post it up here and we can pull it apart :)

To be honest I prefer the coupe's, just love the curves!

Thanks ill deffinately post it up on here to get some advice :D

Be prepared to look at a lot of cars in very average condition.

I probably viewed about 12 iirc before getting mine, but I was very very fussy on colour condition and spec.

I know this isn't relevant but.. I don't remember the last time I saw a convertible 208 55 AMG for sale? Does anyone else?

I have however seen one in the flesh: a black on black 55 vert... Lovely car, but I still prefer my coupe.

Does anyone know anything about the silver CLK 55 coupe with carlsson alloys on it, that's on eBay right now?

Last edited:
I don't remember the last time I saw a convertible 208 55 AMG for sale..

Like hens teeth and therefore very expensive. That's why the CLK 430 Convertible is much more viable! Did I mention mine is for sale?

It's worth remembering that the W208 CLK55 is a rare car, despite the fact that there often seems to be quite a few for sale. IIRC, only ~ 200 or so were ever imported and sold by MBUK. So if you take out the few that have been written off, then the tatty ones, then the few that are owned by members on here you're not going to have an awful lot left.

Thinking about it, there's a few 208 CLK55s on here:

Me (Will)
Shude
Mobb
Tasn1
Buccal

Probably forgotten someone. 'Mickl' used to have one too.

Will

Last edited:
Very true ^^

Adding to that list I know that buccal has one and there is also a list somewhere on here that owners of 208 55's have added to. There must be around 10 on the forum at least.

Will's right though, there's not a lot left, what is left is generally tatty or requires money to bring it back to its best and sometimes theres a reason or a few that a car has been for sale a long time.

Not many CLK 430 Cabs on here either. In fact, other than me, who has one?

Very true ^^

Adding to that list I know that buccal has one and there is also a list somewhere on here that owners of 208 55's have added to. There must be around 10 on the forum at least.

Will's right though, there's not a lot left, what is left is generally tatty or requires money to bring it back to its best and sometimes theres a reason or a few that a car has been for sale a long time.

Can't believe I forgot Alex (Buccal!), I'll add him to my list ;)

Thinking about it, there's a few 208 CLK55s on here:

Me (Will)
Shude
Mobb
Tasn1
Buccal
IanTopping (C240sport97's old car)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom