W208 CLK55 Wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I know this isn't relevant but.. I don't remember the last time I saw a convertible 208 55 AMG for sale? Does anyone else?

I nearly bought one about 18 months ago. Was up for 17k at Imperials in Essex. V low mileage about 43k iirc.

While trying to negotiate a deal someone else turned up literally at the same time and bought the car.

There is a black on black convertible often parked around the south bank. I have seen it many times but I.m not sure if it is a re-badged 430

I nearly bought one about 18 months ago. Was up for 17k at Imperials in Essex. V low mileage about 43k iirc.

While trying to negotiate a deal someone else turned up literally at the same time and bought the car.

There is a black on black convertible often parked around the south bank. I have seen it many times but I.m not sure if it is a re-badged 430

Jesus, 17k! So if one popped up these days with 60 - 75k a good spec and good condition, what would we be looking at? 10k+? Just for the rarity.

The black on black vert I always see is usually parked in Tesco's just outside of Braintree, Essex.

Saw a silver 208 '55 Cabriolet near Hampton Court a month or so back. IIRC, when the Imperials one was up for sale, another similar one was also advertised. Both mid teens I think. There's probably a thread on here somewhere.

Also, to add to the list of 208 coupés would be 'AMG Al' who bought the very low mileage silver one from London a couple of years back :)

I think I have seen this one too .. "RAY XXX W" is the registration?

I think I have seen this one too .. "RAY XXX W" is the registration?

I think that one is an AMG badged CLK 430, with an AMG kit on it. I almost bought it and remember it had "RAY" on the number plate.

I think that one is an AMG badged CLK 430, with an AMG kit on it. I almost bought it and remember it had "RAY" on the number plate.

Sounds about right then.

RE values the imperial car was priced out its head at 20k initially then dropped to 17 or possibly even 16 iirc. I was offering nearer 14.

As Will said, the majority advertised were usually around the 12/14k mark with one other car (at MB Milton Keynes) priced at nearer 19k (mega low miles and approved used).

Good luck with the hunt for a coupe !

thanks again for all the replies! I do think this is going to be a long road but im motivated by the fact that none of you guys want to sell yours so they must be good cars!

2003 CLK55 AMG,82600miles, £9695 Lots of goodies, Hillingdon, being advertised on Pistonheads now.

thanks again for all the replies! I do think this is going to be a long road but im motivated by the fact that none of you guys want to sell yours so they must be good cars!

Yep, I love mine.. I plan to keep it forever. I wouldn't sell it.. Ever. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom