w208 Convertible issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teesside71

Car
w208 convertible
hi all, 1st post on here.

I've had my w208 for about 6 months now, and though right its time to sort the roof out. problem is as follows

• open roof from above, all windows retract
  • rear headrests do not move as in the down position, however they do work via the up/down switch on dash
  • pretty much nothing after that. I've bypassed the boot slide cover just in case
  • Oil level is fine, rear cover with the 20 odd bolts has been removed as well as all carpet
  • no apparent hydraulic leaks from pump or rams
on investigation I did notice roof sensor part number 2088202410 was held in place by cable ties as bit of plastic had snapped, so I removed the rear seat and rear passenger door card to replace, still no joy.

however i found the following in the rear a208 695 00 30 which is described as a cover, and is related to the roof, however I'm not sure where it belong. please see attached pic, item 12.

on manually closing roof with pressure screw in off mode when roof is deployed, the car will lock both roof cover and lock roof rear, so again hydraulics are working sort of.

scanned with my icarsoft and received the following generic code B1650-000. Voltage to limit switches is faulty. Which suggests roof sensor.

any advice appreciated

TIA

Attachments

• mercedes cover.PNG
    mercedes cover.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 16
You can have a look at this post from another site but I would get someone with a star to diagnose this properly as they should be able to test all of the switches and identify the one at fault.

Limit switch A208 820 23 10 is the most common failure point with these. It’s the one that was the problem in the link kindly shared by 55AMGCLK. You need to read to page 3 to see the solution

this is now resolved.......

i bought another w208 convertible.

Pics to follow soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom