w208 Convertible operation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyg

Car
W208 CLK 430
All,

I've read and searched for some threads relating to an issue I have with my w208 convertible roof not working.

I will come onto the full story, but i wanted to know if anyone knows what the part in the below link does for the operation of the roof.

I tried refitting the part in the link but it falls off, it seems a bit bent compared to the other side.

Before I buy a replacement I want to make sure I know what it does as if there is something else to fix to save trashing another then, Id rather fix it.

COVER | Genuine Mercedes-Benz | 208-695-00-30

I went to put the roof down, the rear boot flap went up, the roof started to retract, got about half way and then it stopped. I could not put it forward or back at that stage, so I drove it home and put it in the garage.

I eventually got the roof back up, as I couldn't get into the boot to get the wrench to manual lock the roof down or up, I folded and unfolded the roof manually a few times, got in the car and tried to put the roof up. It operated fine for closing but I have not yet dared to open the roof.

I'm going to get the car hooked up to a machine to see if any of the sensors or switches raised any fault codes. Once I have them I will post them here.

The rear headrests operate all OK so I dont think this is an hydraulic issue.

Any help or advice or pointers to anything I can read and investigate myself would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Jon

My advice would be to get the car on the STAR diagnostics system, so you can isolate the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom