W208 electric seats not moving forward or back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heeny

Car
Clk avantgarde
Hi all, newbie here looking for some help on my wife's clk 320 2001 avantgarde convertible.
The problem we have is the drivers seat is fully back but won't move forward or back when using the switch on the door. Every other movement works fine on the seat but no forward or back. I can hear the relay under the seat clicking when the switch is pressed but the motor is doìng nothing. It was working fine until we had a guy take it for a test drive and he positioned the seat as far back as it would go. Am I missing something or has the motor packed in ? Cheers in advance

Not sure how its configured exactly but mine doesn't have a relay under the seat, its just a big control module the everything is wired into & then power outs going to each motor. So you might find you might find you have a bad connection or a broken wire that gives an intermittent signal to the motor. Try unbolting the seat to have a look to see if there is anything obvious.

Thanks I will try this tomorrow but what happens if the seat doesn't move forward at all ?

Thanks I will try this tomorrow but what happens if the seat doesn't move forward at all ?

Plan B...........take it to an indy (Mercedes independant tech) and get an expert to take a look.

check the obvious stuff first, like is everything plugged in under the seat, fuses, could something have got jammed in the rail?

Hey guys, seat is now moving ok, broken fuse but now the drivers window doesn' want to go up fully, it just winds itself down an inch or so when no release the button ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom