W208 electric seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian Topping

Car
CLK 55 AMG
My driver seat has stopped sliding back and forward, the back of the seat and headrest still move, however the seat slid forward when I opened it and now will not move back to my driving position.
All suggestions greatly received
Thanks
Ian

I would just start by checking the easy quick things like the connections under the seat are in properly. Have a quick look under the seat, there should be some wires going into a panel which is mounted.

Mine does this occasionally , i just lean the seat forward and reseat it a couple of times , usually does the job.

It is an inherant problem on the 208.

make sure there are no coins on the seat rails ...

has happened to me before (on passenger side)

Hope you are still enjoying the CLK55 Ian :)

Guys,

Thanks very much for the valued advice. I am very pleased to report that fuse no. 9 had blown so the huge cost of <£2 fixed the problem.

Sean, I am still enjoying the surge of acceleration and overall ride of the 55

Merry Christmas to all

Thanks
Ian

yes the seats have two live supplies each... when we first had this problem a couple of years ago we scratched out heads for ages.. even bought control units, switches etc from euromerc only to find there was another fuse!

I have a similar problem, SL500, using the switches on top of the seat used to move the seat forward and back to get to the CD player etc, now they don't work, also when I try to recline the seat the whole seat moves forward, it also won't return to the memory positions, any ideas ??

Thanks

Guys,

Thanks very much for the valued advice. I am very pleased to report that fuse no. 9 had blown so the huge cost of <£2 fixed the problem.

Sean, I am still enjoying the surge of acceleration and overall ride of the 55

Merry Christmas to all

Thanks
Ian

What is the other fuse no?

I've the same problem right now also.

Did you hear the motor clicking when actioning the switch?

you will hear a clicking, that is not the motor its the control unit... IIRC there is one fuse in the boot and one under bonnet.

Hi,
On a 208 there are 4 fuses in total, 2 in the boot fuse box and 2 under the bonnet, the boot fuse box fuse 6 is for the LH seat and fuse 9 is for the RH seat.
Fuse 8 and 17 in the fuse box under the bonnet, they are for the door control modules though i think if these were an issue other things within the car would,nt work.
This is for a car with memory function.

Thanks for replies fellas !

I can hear clicking so could this eliminate the control switch?

Newbie question !! - where in the boot are the fuses and are they easy to access? I really wasnt aware there's 2 sets of fuses.

Fingers crossed it's a fuse, I really cant afford to be replacing anything else right now.

Cheers
Martin

Sorry, should have said -

The seat is storing memory and everything else is working fine, it's just forward/back that's faulty. Do you think it's likely to be fuse?

Hi,
Personnally think if theres a clicking, then the the fuse will be intact though i could be wrong the fuse box in the boot is next to the battery

I fixed my problem by re-setting the positions of the seat, basically I ran them through every movement possible. Apparently a low battery had caused the seats to lose the memory of what they could do.

Found the fuses and swapped them over.

Seat worked until I was dropping it back down again. Is it possible that I need to reset them and how do I do this? I'm pleased that the fuse fixed it albeit temporarily.

Interestingly - the 6 & 9 fuses were different, one was 25 and the other was 30. I also have quite a few missing. Is this right?

Thanks for help guys!

I fixed my problem by re-setting the positions of the seat, basically I ran them through every movement possible. Apparently a low battery had caused the seats to lose the memory of what they could do.

Update -

Fuses replaced and problem fixed. Bizarre that 2/3 "professionals" said it was the motor without even suggesting this as a first check.

Thanks SO much to the forum.

I'm now going to try the LCD fix.

Found the fuses and swapped them over.

Seat worked until I was dropping it back down again. Is it possible that I need to reset them and how do I do this? I'm pleased that the fuse fixed it albeit temporarily.

Interestingly - the 6 & 9 fuses were different, one was 25 and the other was 30. I also have quite a few missing. Is this right?

Thanks for help guys!
Hi Martin,

My CLK W208 keeps blowing fuses, but I have a 9 amp fuse in the boot fuse box, should I up this to a 25 or 30 amp?

My driver seat doesn't move that smoothly and sometimes judders, so I added a little grease but the seat still seems to stick and then the fuse blows. I can't see any obstacles on the rails. Should I reset the seats when I replace the fuse?

Thanks
Ian

It all down to the drive motor second one in from the front take it out and it will be the brush unit, its a common thing on 208's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom