W208 Face-lift Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peppu

Car
Mercedes W208 200 Sport, Mercedes W124 230CE Sportline, Mercedes W124 200
Hello,

I am in the process of adding face-lift skirts and mirrors to my pre face-lift W208 CLK and was wondering if this has bene done by someone on here before.

I have a question regarding the fitting of the sill covers on each side of the car. The post face-lift car that I removed the kit from had five holes located underneath of the car, on each side, into which fasteners that retain the side-skirt are inserted. I am wondering whether these holes are existing on pre-facelift cars or if they need to be drilled out?

I have done a face-lift on a W124 saloon a couple of years ago and the holes that hold the skirts on the underneath of the car required drilling for that model. Not sure on the W208 however.

Further to the above, I have managed to install the face-lift kit to my C208. Basically all the holes underneath of the car line up perfectly they are pre-drilled. On pre-facelift cars one has only to remove the rubber grommets.

The only holes that do not line up are those at the rear quarter panel. Two of these have to be re-drilled.

I have also installed face-lift mirrors (with side indicator). The easiest method I found and the one that involve less modifications to the factory harness is to re-route the existing side indicator wiring. The end plugs need to be changes to the face-lift version (both of the mirror movement and the indicator wiring), but the process is fairly simple.

Hope this be of help to someone doing the same modification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom