W208 facelift 1999, seats query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UKChris

Car
CLK320
Hi from a new Mercedes owner (see my first post in Introductions).

I have just got my CLK320, and wondered about a couple of things. Firstly, does the driver's electric seat slide forward for easy rear passenger entry? The passenger seat moves forward electrically as you hold the lever up, but the driver's does not seem to. Am I doing something wrong?

Next, I notice that to remove the ignition key, the automatic box selector has to be very specifically in the forward-most position on the Park setting - even a very slight move back of about 1/2cm seems to make the key impossible to remove. Is that normal? It totally confused me at first.

Thanks

Chris

Hello and welcome . I cant help with the seat i'm afraid as i dont have electric seats in mine but with the ignition key the car has to be in park and your foot off the brake before the key can be released.

Thanks for the speedy reply Mark. Just to clarify, the lever was in Park mode, but, it has to be fully forward within that position - only a slight move back made the key impossible to move. I will get used to it I am sure - it just seems very precise!

Also, does anyone know where I can get a good quality rubber boot liner mat? I looked on EBay, but nothing is made to fit - they all need cutting, and I don't know how good that would look when done.

Last edited:
W208 avantgarde full electric seats with memory

My driver seat is also not sliding automatically for easy pasenger entry in the rear seats, as opposed to the passenger seat.

Passenger seat top handle, when just lifted, actuates a motor and keeps the handle rised for about 4 seconds then releases it if the seat back is not folded. If handle lifted and seat folded forward, it automatically slides the seat to the front until the seat metal rails meet the edge of the mat. Then when handle lifted again and seat folded to the back, auto slides the seat to the position before movement.

The driver seat top handle, when lifted makes no motor sound, just a stereo clank produced by the two metal pieces ,actuated by metal cable, that secures the seat in the normal seating position.

Curious to hear from others how it should work otherwise and what could be the problem if this way is not normal.
Thanks.

Hi, ukchris and bassfreak and welcome to mb club if you are having trouble with your seat adjust probs then its either the control unit behind the o/s door card or the sensor in the seat, its operated by a cable sometimes becomes unattached

Thanks for the speedy reply Mark. Just to clarify, the lever was in Park mode, but, it has to be fully forward within that position - only a slight move back made the key impossible to move. I will get used to it I am sure - it just seems very precise!

it's German and supposed to be precise :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom