W208 Folding Roof Module 2088203026

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the prince

Car
2001 CLK 230k
I need the folding roof module for a 2001 CLK 230k. It's been checked on Star and identified as part no. 2088203026.

Anyone got one for sale?

I need the folding roof module for a 2001 CLK 230k. It's been checked on Star and identified as part no. 2088203026.

Anyone got one for sale?

I've seen the repair service from BBA on EBAY advertised as flagged up by others site members. Anyone know of this service or used it and can recommend?

BBA Reman are a very well respected electronics repairer.

Comes with a lifetime warranty too.

I'm sure i've posted about this recently ? :confused:

You cant just get a secondhand one as it will need coding apparently , so get your one repaired.

BBA Reman are a very well respected electronics repairer.

Comes with a lifetime warranty too.

I'm sure i've posted about this recently ? :confused:

You cant just get a secondhand one as it will need coding apparently , so get your one repaired.

Hi just to query this, i think i've done so already too. I spoke to MB Sheffield this week and the service dept stated that this module on this model does NOT need to be coded on installation, just plug and play etc. Do you know different or is it an assumption?

Just checking the roof today. I attempted to fold the roof. Usually when i've tried to put it down the roof control button just flashes repeatedly but nothing happens. Today however the button stayed lit for a while and all the windows dropped down, then nothing happened. I just wondered this was the usual fault clues others with faulty roof control modules experience?

It's been checked on STAR and module is the confirmed fault.

It needs to be fixed then :)

Hope mine and marks explanation helps.

It needs to be fixed then :)

Hope mine and marks explanation helps.

Yes thanks to you both. I think i'm definitely going to go with BBA as a lifetime guarantee is much better than a secondhand part that could fail at any time (as these seem to do). BBA warranty does exclude a few things including vehicle that have been 'jump started'. That's something the previous owner did to his regret. :doh:

Finally got replacement roof module fitted this week and it didn't work. Took it to dealers as advised that it would need programming. Dealer said that a car of this age should not need programming as it should just plug and play. Anyway they reset the setting using Star and it is now functioning normally so another job off the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom