W208 Heated Rear Screen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steam_biker

Car
W211 E320 sport Yamaha FZR 600 Genesis 1991
Has anyone else had probs with a HRW? My radio has perfect reception but my screen will not clear. As there is no aerial on the car I reckon the element acts as the radio aerial. Am I right in thinking the screen is ok as the radio works?

W 208 CLK 230 Heated Rear Window

My heated rear window has never worked since I bought my car four years ago. An independent told me it was the rear screen needed replacement. I priced it at around £500 and couldn't afford it.
A few months ago some lowlife put a stone through it,had it replaced,but still not working! The orange light in the switch works when it is switched on, it goes out after 15 to 20 minutes as it should but the screen does not clear. As you will know, a workshop manual is not available except the MB dealers online version which I find difficult to work out.
Any ideas anyone:fail

Assuming it's not a wiring problem, the HRW is operated via a fuse and relay, either of which might have failed. The fuse will be something like 40 amps.

The orange light is switched on by the SAM so can still light up even if the fuse or relay have failed. Unfortunately I don't know where these are located on a W208.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom