W208 Heater Blower Intermittent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
Intermittently off then on last night so have removed it this afternoon 14v arriving at the Connector and same after the Resistor block on the leads to the motor and it kicked into full blow when i was measuring the voltage:eek: so thought it could be the Bushes so have dismantled the motor and theres about 22mm of bushes there and plenty of pressure on the spring, so whilst I have ordered some bushes from ebay as there only £4.49 i don't think its worn bushes unless it was sticking but they seem to move freely in the holders , so how could i tell if its the regulator / resistor? or the control unit ( I have the electronic climate control & Aircon ) rather than the dials The Cars a 1999 CLK 430 coupe trying not to go down the route of replacing it and it not fixing it just remembered is there a diagnostic on the climate control ?
Thanks Boyd

Ran The Diagnostic got codes EB1 231 (b11/4 ) for Engine Coolant sensor and and EB1 416 ) the Auxiliary water pump and after a reset all i have is the aux water pump neither of which i would have thought were a case to stop the fan from running going to reset them and see what it does then but after all theres 14v at the leads to the regulator / heat sink and the leads to the motor so still looks like the motor

Hiya, long time no see eh?

N22 (Climate Control Unit) Pin 1 is the control output which should have
1631887182401.png

Pin 1 feeds the control signal to A32 Fan Speed Control
1631887278508.png
M1 is the blower Motor, N1 is the speed controller all within the Fan Unit A32

Hiya Mark yes must have been duxford or swindon you OK and the CLK OK ? as well as my CLK and Tatty 220TE estate I have acquired a japanese imported 320TE estate and a 120CDI Vito 204 sport ( 3.0 OM642 engine )
I have had the Blower motor out , dismantled to inspect the bushes and they look fine, I hooked the fan up to 12v Battery and it worked so its not the fan but when measuring the voltage I get 14V accross the leads going to the motor so can only presume that although its 14V it cant deliver the current which makes me think about the regulator ? at the three pin plug going to the regulator I have 14v and on the centre pin it goes from 1.25 (fan on min ) up to 6v ( fan on Max )
Im tempted to think its the regulator but not sure how they fail electronically if i can get a cheap one then I'll try it 9 My 210 when i had it had a failed regulator and similar symptoms IIRC
Regards
Boyd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom