W208 key not recognised

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W210 Fan

MB Enthusiast
Car
W140 S500L W208 430
Guys,

W208 430, only key started messing about with locking/unlocking and being recognised in the ignition, changed batterys in remote and took car battery from other car and tried it in but no different, then sent key off to Autotronics in Leicester to have key checked, they said key DOA and can I send the EIS off too and they will make a new key, old key, new key and EIS arrived yesterday, plugged it in and nothing, key still not being accepted in EIS - rang up Autotronics and went thorugh a few things with them, they said setup was working before dispatch and they will code another key and send it out but its BH saturday and they key wont be here until wednesday which is more annoying than anything else, I have another car so I am still mobile, I have tried;

pulling the EIS out and plugging it back in and ensuring all connectors are seated, (with car battery disconnected)
taking the gear selector in and out of park and ensuring bowden cable part of EIS moves,
having my foot on the brake,
unlocking and locking the car,

Is there anything else I can try?

having read around the interwebs all morning it appears that the EIS could have gone or the ESL but what I havnt managed to figure out is whether these parts are coded? could parts be borrowed off the wifes W210 to isolate the fault?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom