w208 leather seat repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pharmed

Just wondering if this is fixable (ie.. can you open up the chair and sew it from the inside again) or will I need a new passenger seat?

7NLRS.jpg

baMLV.jpg

Ahmed

Definitely fixable. You need a good trimmer. They should be able to make it look as good as new.

if your local to Southampton i can get you in contact with a trimmer i have used to retrim my of MX5 seats a few years ago. he does everything from cars, boats etc really good quality

Unfortunately not, I'm in hertfordshire. Thanks guys will look for a trimmer local to me, yellow pages etc?

Get down to WH Smith with pen and paper. Scan through the many classic car magazines, there is a big market for trimming services.

The seat cover comes off easily. You remove the back panel then its fairly obvious... Then it can be stitched.

I have exacly the same issue on my w208 but on the drivers side and slightly worse although as yours its only the stitching that has ripped / loosend

does anyone know a good trimmer in London area ?

d class are in all the mags, esp merc ones, i will be using them soon

Don't know where in London you are, I used to use these people, always good work and cheaper than central London prices.... Only a quick trip down the A2

Harrisons
42 Top Dartford Rd
Hextable
Swanley
Kent
01322 662 115

It's a reasonably easy repair for any decent upholsterer/trimmer. We've had a few come in with the same problem.

Unfortunately not, I'm in hertfordshire. Thanks guys will look for a trimmer local to me, yellow pages etc?
Hi Ahmed, who did you go with in the end ? Am looking for an ulphosterer in NW London.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom