W208 mercedes clk xenon headlight level sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

astamir

MB Enthusiast
Car
w208 silver clk55
Hi
Level sensor needed for mercedes w208 clk with xenon lights
It's the sensor with small link fitted to suspension arm please pm if you have one available
Thanks

Hi,
You don,t say which one you need front or rear
So hear is the front one,
MERCEDES CLK 320 W208 C208 00-02 FRONT HIGHT LIGHT LEVEL SENSOR A0105427717 | eBay
and the rear,
MERCEDES CLK 320 W208 C208 00-02 REAR HIGHT LIGHT LEVEL SENSOR A0105427717 | eBay

Further to my E-mail, I misunderstood which part that needed replacing, by replacing the sensor you will need to get the levelling system recalibrated, by plugging into STAR to make sure the sensors are operating in range,
From memory,
Unplug the light motors,
Check the sensors are in tolerance and set zero level (on STAR).
Check and align the headlights.
Plug the levelling motors back in.
Job done.
This should take a good indy an hour or less depending if the sensor arms need repositioning.
hen at this point the headlights should be aligned

Last edited:
andy27168 said:
Hi,
You don,t say which one you need front or rear
So hear is the front one,
MERCEDES CLK 320 W208 C208 00-02 FRONT HIGHT LIGHT LEVEL SENSOR A0105427717 | eBay
and the rear,
MERCEDES CLK 320 W208 C208 00-02 REAR HIGHT LIGHT LEVEL SENSOR A0105427717 | eBay

Further to my E-mail, I misunderstood which part that needed replacing, by replacing the sensor you will need to get the levelling system recalibrated, by plugging into STAR to make sure the sensors are operating in range,
From memory,
Unplug the light motors,
Check the sensors are in tolerance and set zero level (on STAR).
Check and align the headlights.
Plug the levelling motors back in.
Job done.
This should take a good indy an hour or less depending if the sensor arms need repositioning.
hen at this point the headlights should be aligned

Thanks for your help can't really thank you and the other guys here enough
I would need the front one the back one looks in tact
And have one more question about the sensor the thing is broken is the small link that fits to suspension arm
Do I need the complete sensor or can I buy just that small link?
Thanks again for your help

The separate bits available are in the link below,
REGULATION OF DYNAMIC HEADLAMP RANGE CONTROL, FRONT FRONT AXLE íà Mercedes CLK 55 AMG (208.374) | Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé Mercedes, ïîäáîð àâòîçàï÷àñòåé äëÿ ëåãêîâûõ àâòîìîáèëåé Ìåðñåäåñ (ðåãèîí Åâðîïà) ïî àâòîêàòàëîãó.
Which bit is it you need?
Do bear in mind if the arm on the sensor has been rotated whilst it has been disconnected from the suspension arm, or you can't guarantee that you have refitted exactly as it was before it was broken, then you will have to go through the calibration procedure.

Last edited:
andy27168 said:
The separate bits available are in the link below,
REGULATION OF DYNAMIC HEADLAMP RANGE CONTROL, FRONT FRONT AXLE íà Mercedes CLK 55 AMG (208.374) | Êàòàëîã çàï÷àñòåé Mercedes, ïîäáîð àâòîçàï÷àñòåé äëÿ ëåãêîâûõ àâòîìîáèëåé Ìåðñåäåñ (ðåãèîí Åâðîïà) ïî àâòîêàòàëîãó.
Which bit is it you need?
Do bear in mind if the arm on the sensor has been rotated whilst it has been disconnected from the suspension arm, or you can't guarantee that you have refitted exactly as it was before it was broken, then you will have to go through the calibration procedure.

It's the number 8 I would need

Yes that should fit your car, but I would order it from your local dealer, so they can order from your specific chassis number, in case the EPC I used was out of date or the pt. no. has been superseded.

Bought and fitted the rod but the problem is still there now the light far too high
Tried to adjust manually the passenger side came down but the driver side didn't move at all when looked inside the light it looks like the light slipped from adjusting motor
I have no idea how to reconnect it back as its inside the light
Do I need to take the light out?
Thanks

Yes, if you remove the light you can reconnect the leveling motor using a piece of bent thickish wire its a good idea to put a few drops of a plastic friendly lub to make it go together easier. I wonder why it came off in the first place?

Harley Man said:
Yes, if you remove the light you can reconnect the leveling motor using a piece of bent thickish wire its a good idea to put a few drops of a plastic friendly lub to make it go together easier. I wonder why it came off in the first place?

Reconnected the motor apparently when I tried to adjust it manually the small plastic rod slipped out of the motor
So reconnected that one but the problem still was there
And I think I found what's the problem is!
Apparently the water drain system on windscreen blocked and the water got inside as it was wet on a passenger side floor and I guess the ecu for the headlight got water damage ill replace that one and will see if that's will sort out the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom