W208 O/S door handle IR part - paint code 744

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

salesac1

Car
'00 W202 Classic Selection (or is it?)
As pictured...not the little plastic lock cover (with key design), but the part that covers the lock mechanism itself and has the hole for the IR sensor. It easily prises off from the mechanism it is attached to.

Must be a factory painted part in Brilliant Silver 744 and in at least good condition.

For my W202, for which the front door handles are identical to the W208 (except the W202 ones are always black plastic). I have colour coded my handles using factory painted replacements, but the IR parts can't be sourced that way. N/S IR part is sorted; O/S is v. difficult to source. Breakers with W208s never seem to have this part, even when they have all the other door handle parts!

I did manage to get one a few months back, fitted it, then after a long journey one day I noticed it was gone...must have worked loose :wallbash:. So now living again with my original spray painted part, which won't last much longer before it starts peeling.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 3320362686_dfc6cd8857_o.jpg
    3320362686_dfc6cd8857_o.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 10
These don't come colour coded , they are black abs from factory.

I ordered a pair for my old clk but can't remember the part numbers

Pretty sure I have at least one of these in that colour code, if I do you are welcome to have it. I am away from the garage at the moment but I will have a look tomorrow and post a reply.

Hapy New Year one and all.

Greg

Pretty sure I have at least one of these in that colour code, if I do you are welcome to have it. I am away from the garage at the moment but I will have a look tomorrow and post a reply.

Hapy New Year one and all.

Greg

Many thanks Greg - please can you pm me when you have looked.

Howard - these do come colour coded on W208s, it may depend on trim level though. I know someone with a 1998 W208 Sport and his handles were colour coded from new.

Oh yes for sure the door handles are colour coded , they were on mine , avantgarde trim.

Maybe the little round things came colour coded from factory , but the ones I got from brooklands came in black

Oh yes for sure the door handles are colour coded , they were on mine , avantgarde trim.

Maybe the little round things came colour coded from factory , but the ones I got from brooklands came in black

Yes, the little round things are black....I tried spraying mine, but it's too small for that and the paint peeled off quickly, so I ditched it ages ago. What I actually need is the cover part for the IR sensor that I'm hoping Greg or someone else will come up with :D.

Oh , I've misunderstood :eek:

Lol sorry

If you need to paint plasic parts you need proper plasic primer which will stop the paint peeling.

Without taking the thread off topic, are those little round lock covers still available from Mercedes? Does anyone have a part no please?

Without taking the thread off topic, are those little round lock covers still available from Mercedes? Does anyone have a part no please?

A2107660056.
I bought mine a few years back - don't know if they are still available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom