W208 rear arch repair paneks

Discussion in 'Bodywork' started by CLK430NEWB, Jul 22, 2017.

1. CLK430NEWB

CLK430NEWB New Member

Car:
    CLK430
    Hi All.

It's probably been asked a million times but any ideas where I can source repair panels for rear arches?

I've just picked up a snotter off eBay which I want to give a bit of TLC as it's basically sound, so all advice on a source is welcome

2. tjamesbo

tjamesbo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK430 ,Vito 3.0V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,1993 220TE Hobby , Mastercraft X5 5.7L
    I got some polish rear arch reair panels from Ebay but they were for my 124 let us know how you get on, might need some for my 208, but hopefully not for a few years .Dont forget to check the sills on the 208 like the 202 they can rust badly needing expensive repair work .... and its mostly hidden under the cladding , worth removing a side to check
    Boyd

Ps try German Ebay search w208 and german for repair or panel or rear arch etc

3. shadenfroh

shadenfroh Active Member

Car:
    CLK 320 '00
    So you're welding? Is it easy to treat the back side of the metal? I have to do this too, ideally I'd pay someone experienced to do it, but it's hard to find such someone.

4. OP
    OP
    CLK430NEWB

CLK430NEWB New Member

Car:
    CLK430
    Thanks for the info, it's beyond a treatment unfortunately. When the rot set in the previous guy slapped the chrome arches on without treatment and created a water trap

If I find some I will post a link, and some pics of the replacement process.

Winter project so I'm planning both bumpers off, sill covers and a homemade SS exhaust build!

5. OP
    OP
    CLK430NEWB

CLK430NEWB New Member

Car:
    CLK430
    Last call. Anyone know a supplier?