W208 Roof Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex tr

Car
W208
This seems like an unusual problem – no Merc mechanic has come across it before. So I’m hoping someone here can offer some advice.

On a normal day when I get in the car, the roof switch is illuminated red, the side mirrors, windows and rear headrests are all inoperative. If I disconnect and reconnect the battery, everything works as it should for the rest of the day, then in the morning back to the same problem.
The really strange thing is that in cold weather (i.e. car frosted over), everything works absolutely fine.
So far two Mercedes mechanics have tried to fix the problem, but it is always back the next day unless it is very cold.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Did they not get the error codes from STAR? If the roof and other electrics are failing there should be an error generated somewhere.

Lots of error codes from when the battery is disconnected - nothing relating to the roof though.

These are very susceptible to battery voltage.
Make sure that your battery and charging circuit are in tip top condition. I had similar issues with my A208 and carried a 10mm spanner in the boot for just such occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom