W208 self retract mirrors

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by CKLclive, Jun 26, 2011.

1. CKLclive

CKLclive Banned

Car:
    CLK 430
    Any guys good with electric mods, am looking to rewire electric retract mirrors on a CLK W208 it is an export model with them fitted but the switch is on the console and want to wire this up so as you park up and
    switch off the ignition the mirrors will auto retract, any ideas guys ?
    :rolleyes:

2. renault12ts

renault12ts MB Club Veteran

Car:
    2005 W215 CL500.
    The only way it ever happened was when the car was fitted with fully memory seats (at least on the driver's side).

But, it's a good question which I'd also like an answer to.

3. OP
    OP
    CKLclive

CKLclive Banned

Car:
    CLK 430
    it must be possible with the right module and some forward thinking as to the wiring,
    mine has all the options fitted to the car being an export model, rain sensitive wipers,fully electric memory seats plus lumber system , full parkatronic system, Xenons, full closure alarm , only thing missing is electric rear blind which I would like to source

4. andy27168

andy27168 MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
    Hi,
    I have given this some thought for my AMG, except that i was wanting them to fold/unfold when locked/unlocking of the car, and to be able to retain the existing switch and to be able to turn auto folding off at will.
    Any solution would involve designing of an additional module, this module would need to put power onto the mirror motors for a minimum of three seconds (time needed for mirrors to fold/unfold) there would have to be some relays possibly a small amount of electronics in there to do this, and would have to be designed from scratch because of its specific requirements.
    If there are others interested i may investigate this further.
    But it is certainly possible.

1 person likes this.
  5. amg3.6

amg3.6 Active Member

Car:
    C55 Amg White W202
    Im also doing this on my c43 you will need relays. I have a cat 1 alarm on mine so am doing through the alarm its not straight forward. I am currently working on it i have got it working but you have to disconnect the power from the switch but this eliminates the switch which i don't want

6. OP
    OP
    CKLclive

CKLclive Banned

Car:
    CLK 430
    am not fussed about doing away with the switch