w208 suspension upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crisc204

Car
w208 Coupe,
hello all

im upgrading my w208 elegance as it didnt really handle too well with tired shocks and ten year old springs, so i have already fitted the following

-eibach springs (35mm lower)
-bilstein b8 sport shocks
-9mm no.2 front spring shims to bring the nose down an extra 8mm(iirc)
-18" O.E. amg wheels 8.5 & 9.5
-MB front camber correction bolts

this made an immeadiate difference, it retains comfort and goes around corners much better but after driving my friends w208 430 avantgarde this has raised the a new question about anti-roll bars

the 430 stays much flatter while pulling away and cornering so i think this is the next bit to add to achieve the handling responses im after

i have been looking on t'internet and eibach also do an thicker anti-roll bar kit, great! 'next on the list'
but then i thought that MB may have several roll bars available for the car.
so a couple of questions if you dont mind chaps

1. can anybody please tell me what different thickness' anti-roll bars are available off the MB shelf for w208?

2. are there camber correction bolts of any other camber adjusting system available for the rear suspension of w208, MB or aftermarket?
(MB colingdale say no but also didnt seem bovvvered!)

thanks in advance
cris

any info on the above?

also
im looking through the usual suspects for w208 clk 320 avantgarde breaking to see if its got different thicker anti roll bars.
if anyone spots one please let me know on this thread i cannot pm yet

cheers

cris

I should think the 430 anti-rollbars and bushes would fit your car OK altho you may have to change the mounting brackets also.:) Why not measure the diameter of your friends anti-roll bars? K-mac seem to be one of the few companies that manufacture rear camber adjustment components. I have heard nothing bad about them.:cool: Many people who lower their cars don't bother with camber adjustment but just live with the inevitable uneven tyre wear.:eek:

Last edited:
as im sure your aware the uneven tyre wear is a symptom of the suspension not working properly, i need to be 100% confident in the car as my girlfriend drives it with our niece and god-children in tow.
its one of the reasons i got the MB. i like lots of German metal between us and the fools who inhabit british roads.

the car as is, its pretty good in the dry but the extra camber means v. little grip once it rains and winters coming!

also imho theres no point having 9.5" wide wheels if only 60-70% is making contact means id be better of on standard rims/ height ect

you may notice these upgrades have taken a back seat as i was set on another w208 (mine would have been returned to o.e spec before sale) but someone beat me to it, but im back on to it now and ill post anything helpful i find out.

Hi, where did you get the shocks from? Any pictures of your progress yet? Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom