W208 Wind deflector question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ghouluk

Car
clk320
Hi all,

I think i have 1/2 a wind deflector - i have the blind piece that pulls out from under the back seat, but not the bar or the rear seat cover.....i think :)

I've searched the forum, but i can't find anything related...

would this be the part i need? or am i going to have to buy the whole lot again? or am i just missing something - any smart places where the other bit might be hiding

cheers

Rob

which bit do i have? or is that just an extra bit?

sorry /dumb noob :)

The link you posted is the bit under the rear seat,the other bit is seperate and does not include the bit you have.

Meant to add the bit that you have under the seat clips onto the link that i posted, they work really well stopping all but a small breeze in the car even at motorway speeds.

I don't see the point of them to be honest. Why buy a convertible and then try and avoid the "wind through the hair" experience?

I don't see the point of them to be honest. Why buy a convertible and then try and avoid the "wind through the hair" experience?

I agree to a degree, though at motorway speeds can be unpleasant, but "my government" has decreed that having her hair blown around is not acceptable :)

I always have the roof up on motorways.

Or get skin cancer!

I once saw a van towing a very loose load on the motorway a few years ago and a gust of wind carried a panel of wood from out of his trailer and it literally skimmed the roof of my C36! I remember thinking at the time feeling glad I wasn't in a ragtop!

Well to close off this thread - picked up a wind deflector off ebay (seller had just listed the description as w208, rather than wind deflector and hence i got it for 150.00 in mint condition with bag etc :) )

and what a difference it makes....its more like driving round with a window open than the roof off ....wish i understood more about the physics of how it works, but thats probably the nerd in me :)

thanks for the advice and answers people!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom