W208 windows, seat Q's inc airbag light, seat occupancy sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crisc204

Car
w208 Coupe,
back on form after not posting much

i'd like to check with the resident MB boffins about a couple of issues with my car W208 1997 clk 320 coupe.

happily driving my shiny MB when the airbag light shows after a particularly vicious pothole.

not to fussed as i've a friend with diagnostic computer.

once plugged in it reads as only fault is with passenger seat occupancy sensor which controls, i'm told, if passenger airbag is on or off and switches it off when an MB baby seat is put in the front

before i part with the cash for a new sensor, and take it all apart. for once id like to go in with some more info

1. does this diagnostic sound right? i didnt know if my car is 'new' enough to have this feature

2. is it a pig of a job to replace?

also, my car has memory seats with easy entry, well not any more all seat functions work off the switch but they wont go forward when you fold the seat. which is annoying as i like everything to work.

any tricks to sort it out quickly or do i have to touch my toes at the MB parts desk again

finally are the windows meant to drop afew mm when i open the door?
i saw another later facelift w208 clk in the car park and they did on his.
mine has never done that so i didnt know if it is meant to or not, if yes whats broke?

regards
cris

As far as I am aware the pre face lift cars do not drop the windows, I have a W208 230K 1997 and that doesn't and was told by MB it's not supposed to (although they are not always right, as pointed out on many occasions on here)

Try a seat reset, its in the handbook, but extend it fully forward and back a couple of times. (It needs to rememeber the extremities and normally needs a reset after battery disconnection)

My cab does not not drop the windows, and never has, not sure about the coupe though.

:D
back on form after not posting much

i'd like to check with the resident MB boffins about a couple of issues with my car W208 1997 clk 320 coupe.

happily driving my shiny MB when the airbag light shows after a particularly vicious pothole.

not to fussed as i've a friend with diagnostic computer.

once plugged in it reads as only fault is with passenger seat occupancy sensor which controls, i'm told, if passenger airbag is on or off and switches it off when an MB baby seat is put in the front

before i part with the cash for a new sensor, and take it all apart. for once id like to go in with some more info

1. does this diagnostic sound right? i didnt know if my car is 'new' enough to have this feature

2. is it a pig of a job to replace?
regards
cris

you could try to see if any connectors were disturbed under the seat.

My darling son left one of those plastic travel cups under the seat. It lodged under there and proceeded to disintegrate when the seat was moved forward. Once the bits were removed, it was found to have disturbed the wires. A waggle here and a push there sorted it. (Watch the knuckles :D )

dragged to the top to say thanks

seat 'reset' worked a treat but abs light is 100% the sensor its not too painful, most people would notice the 30ish quid leaving there wallet but its the take the seat apart that really causes the ag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom