W208 wont turn or start, key issues?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You may want to check the battery. If it's gone bad, the ecu doesn't like it and refuses to accept the key. I had a friend of mine a couple a years ago that almost replaced ignition module, his 03 CLK needed the key to be cycled like 20 times before it would recognize it. The battery seemed fine, it was holding the charge except that when cranking the engine it dived under 9V and that's how i figured it out. Hope this helps

You may want to check the battery. If it's gone bad, the ecu doesn't like it and refuses to accept the key. I had a friend of mine a couple a years ago that almost replaced ignition module, his 03 CLK needed the key to be cycled like 20 times before it would recognize it. The battery seemed fine, it was holding the charge except that when cranking the engine it dived under 9V and that's how i figured it out. Hope this helps

no worries and its a good idea, to de-risk this I am using the battery out of my W140 S500 which is oversize, brand new and is removed from a working 140 to do this test!

Doggy sitter, I have the latest issue of keys which arrived today along with my ignition switch so I shall try them this evening and get back to you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom