W209 2008 Washer jet issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pdfinucane

Car
2008 CLK 220 Sport
Hi All, I have just put my car through it's first mot (for me) and it failed on the drivers side washer jet.

Passenger side has 4 jets which work well, drivers side has 2 dribbles at best, however it does clear the windscreen with the overlap from passenger side.

I just had a look and there is power to the jets but I am guessing this is heating and there are no extra tiny pumps etc in the jets themselves ?

Also, if the heated jets have failed could that somehow reduce the pressure ?

I have had a look at the pipes which all seem fine, there appear to be no kinks or leaks under pressure, I wonder if anyone has any tips or is it possible replacing the jet may fix it ?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

Blocked I would think, no pumps in nozzles. Could be caused by mixing different screen wash fluids, can turn to a gloopy jelly and block jets. Pull the pipes off and blow the jets clear.

Cheers, I have tried the pin in the jets, I'll take the pipes apart and jet wash through them, that should do it I hope :)

You may have to remove the plastic washer bottle. Had similar problem with a BMW E23. It was full of gunge, I used a hand full of gravel, 1/2 full of water and shake vigorously.

Hi All, I have just put my car through it's first mot (for me) and it failed on the drivers side washer jet.

Passenger side has 4 jets which work well, drivers side has 2 dribbles at best, however it does clear the windscreen with the overlap from passenger side.

I just had a look and there is power to the jets but I am guessing this is heating and there are no extra tiny pumps etc in the jets themselves ?

Also, if the heated jets have failed could that somehow reduce the pressure ?

I have had a look at the pipes which all seem fine, there appear to be no kinks or leaks under pressure, I wonder if anyone has any tips or is it possible replacing the jet may fix it ?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul
I had the same problem

Under the wheel arch where the screen wash bottle lives there is a rubber washer with a gauze filter in

Remove or pull back the wheel arch liner, put wheel to full lock to get better access pull out the two part fixings and you will see the bottle just ahead of the wheel behind the bumper
Rotate the pump on the reservoir it’s an L shape then push it up and away from the reservoir
It’s stiff!
The grommet seals the pumps to the reservoir
This is about £1.50 from the stealership

If it’s clogged rinse obviously and see if that removes the problem
If there is yuk in the reservoir
Then whip it of and flush until the crap is removed
The dust and debris from the years gets concentrated in this little filter so eventually they block

It’s not hard to do but awkward to get to

HTH

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom