W209 60k V6 Service - What's Involved?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martyp87

Car
W166 GLE350d
Well, my CLK has turned 60k so I'll need to and book a service at a local independant.

I'm going to get the transmission fluid & filter changed along with the coolant on top of the usual.

Already fitted 2x K&N panel filters and a pollen filter so they won't need touched.

It's a 2.6 V6. I'm guessing its just the plugs and fuel filter then just some checks? Just wondering what is involved and a rough cost.

Thanks.

I don't know the answer, but these are the 'additional items' applicable at various times/miles:

Oil and filter - goes with the service
ATF and filter - mentioned
Air filter - mentioned
Fuel filter - mentioned
Spark plugs - mentioned
Cabin filter - mentioned
Brake fluid - every two years
Coolant - depending on the year your car was made, the coolant should have a service life of 15 years (a bit unusual, but true) so check what's applicable to your car before changing the fluid.
Windscreen wipers
Keyfob batteries
Carbon evaporated - I don't think anyone actually replaces these, but it's in the book

The recommended ATF, brake fluid, and coolant (if changing) are MB original only.

Oil should be to the correct MB spec sheet e.g. 229.3 or 229.5 etc, any MB-approved oil will do regardless of make.

Filters should preferably be MB, but any good quality ones will do, e.g. Bosch, Man, Mahle, Knecht (some are made by the same company anyway).

Plugs should be either MB, or Bosch, or NGK, to the correct spec for your engine.

Thanks for the great info Markjay; doesn't seem anything too drastic really. I'll let the independant garage confirm if the coolant needs changed or not.

I will definitely request the brake fluid is changed as part of the service too - forgot about that one! Hopefully the MB plugs aren't silly priced as there are 12 of them...

On the SL500 I had the plugs were to be replaced every 100,000 miles !!!

So even if they are dear its not something you will be doing every year..

sspeed said:
On the SL500 I had the plugs were to be replaced every 100,000 miles !!!

So even if they are dear its not something you will be doing every year..

It's every 4 years or 50k on the 113 engine.

Original MB parts are fiendishly difficult to get hold of outside the the main dealers. I believe that while MB supply parts to indies, they forbid them from selling them on i.e. these parts must be used to service or repair cars in the indie's own garage.

However, you can try forum member nick mercedes, his web shop is here:

euromercwebstore

He may be able to source original MB spark plugs for you.

Said that, there is nothing wrong with buying Bosch or NGK, which is what MB use anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom