w209 aftermarket headunit and steering controls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benzIT001

I've recently swapped out the command 2 systems with a pioneer car play unit. I've managed to get most of the wiring sorted from previous threads on here but the only outstanding item is the steering wheels controls.
I've used the connects 2 adaptor CTSMC006.2

I'm assuming to get them working I need to take pin 8 & 9 from connector C2 (coloured brown and red/brown) connect these two wires to the twisted white blue cables coming from the connects2 can bus adaptor?

mercedes%20Benz%20Comand%202,5DX%20car%20stero%20wiring%20diagram%20connector%20pinout%20harness.jpg

url

Ive recently had an aftermarket swapped out from Comand 2.0 myself, in my 2003 CLK.

Unfortunately there isnt a plug and play kit for the Comand 2.0 wiring hence we need to splice into 2 wires.

On your factory loom there should be 2 twisted wires, cant remember their exact colour, however they are the only twisted wires on the C2 Plug of your MB Loom they are your MB CAN WIRES (these are on the third plug). These twisted wires need to be soldered to the CAN LO and CAN HI wires on your interface. Connect the relevant wires together..

You should have purchased a pioneer specific patch lead with your interface, so connect this to the other side of the interface and into the headunit.

You should now have steering controls.

(Definitely will work as I have the exact same car, exact interface)

Cheers

Last edited:
All the other wiring should be completely plug and play, literally just put the 2 ISO blocks into the adaptor? Is the unit powering on? Mine didnt turn on until the CAN wires were done.

Abs

Update, I connected the brown/red(Can BUS High) from C2 to the blue wire CAN High on the interface. The brown wire (CAN Low) on C2 has been wired to White in the interface. Re-tried the steering controls but still no joy.

Update, I connected the brown/red(Can BUS High) from C2 to the blue wire CAN High on the interface. The brown wire (CAN Low) on C2 has been wired to White in the interface. Re-tried the steering controls but still no joy.

Try them the other way round. Have you set the dip switches on the interface to properly reflect the type of car/headunit you have?

Switch them around

Did you manage to get it working ?

They mysteriously started working, bad connection? anyway I stripped the wires and soldered for a proper connection re-tested and it's functioning properly now. Thanks for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom