W209 Anti Dazzle Wing Mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zahc

Car
C350e W205
Hi All,

My passenger side wing mirror appears to have lost it's 'anti-dazzle' properties. I know nothing of the witch craft that is employed in these units but guess electrickery is involved.

Both mirrors have been reluctant to fold out on occasion; not sure if this is connected to the lack of anti dazzle.

Driver's side wing mirror and rear view mirror anti dazzle work well.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? It looks like it's easy enough to get to guts of the mirror unit if needs be.

Thanks for looking,

Chaz

Did the passenger side mirror ever actually ever have 'anti dazzle' I am not familiar with your car but (as I understand it) many do not have 'anti dazzle' on the passenger side.

The passenger side mirror does not auto dim, only the drivers side and interior mirror will auto dim.

haha! Don't I feel silly now!? Well, I wish they did auto dim. Thanks for the reply....I'll put my tools away.

Regards,

Chaz

haha! Don't I feel silly now!? Well, I wish they did auto dim. Thanks for the reply....I'll put my tools away.

Regards,

Chaz

I had a 209 for 12 years & not once did I wish the passenger mirror dimmed, I'm sure if it was required, Mercedes would have fitted one.

I guess it's the way I am. It erks me that the rear view and driver wing mirror dim and the passenger one doesn't. Also, with the ever increasing brightness of headlights I find myself dazzled through the passenger wing mirror.
I suspect it's a safety thing, allowing the driver to spot the odd cyclist creeping up alongside.
Still, there's nothing to be done.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

I can only think your passenger mirror is not adjusted properly, the interior mirror & drivers mirror dim because they are in your line of sight when looking forward. The passenger mirror is not, you have to turn your head to look at it, therefore it should not be able to blind you when driving.

Possibly, though you could argue that I have it positioned so I can see. I'll play around with it.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom