W209 Audio 10 Bose system!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLK55Gaz

Car
2003 CLK55 AMG
Hey guys. New member so be gentle. After looking for ages i'm still as confused as when i started.
I've had a 2003 W209 CLK55 AMG for coming up to 3 weeks. Love the car but really want a double din, for bluetooth, satnav etc.
I've got a JVC unit ready to go but i have a the audio 10 system. I've found out today that it has a fibre optic cable for audio.

I've also read that in order to fit this double din I have to remove the fibre optics and run a cable from an aftermarket amp.

My question is how much of this is true and would i be able to use an iso then to the double din or would i literally have to rewire every speaker to get it working?

any help or advice would be appreciated

Thank you for your reply Russ. What's confusing me is that when I look for a 'drop in unit' for my CLK350 (06) I find units that look like they will fit until I read the dimensions. They are all 250mm across the top, but mine is 254mm (approx). It's an Audio20 unit single CD.

This is what I'm looking at:

Car Stereo DVD GPS For Mercedes Benz C/CLK Class W203 W209 3G DVR/DTV-IN 7508CU | eBay

The other option appears to be the following:

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

What is currently fitted looks like this:

MERCEDES C CLASS CD PLAYER W203 STEREO W203 FREE POSTAGE DOUBLE DIN L@@K | eBay

I'm wondering if I have a slightly different unit fitted because my car may be a very early face lift.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Meanwhile I'll carry on plugging through the ICE posts for clues.

I’ll reply to this thread when I’m back on my laptop. Out at the minute.

Ive been through all this before. :)

Thank you for your reply Russ. What's confusing me is that when I look for a 'drop in unit' for my CLK350 (06) I find units that look like they will fit until I read the dimensions. They are all 250mm across the top, but mine is 254mm (approx). It's an Audio20 unit single CD.

This is what I'm looking at:

Car Stereo DVD GPS For Mercedes Benz C/CLK Class W203 W209 3G DVR/DTV-IN 7508CU | eBay

The other option appears to be the following:

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

What is currently fitted looks like this:

MERCEDES C CLASS CD PLAYER W203 STEREO W203 FREE POSTAGE DOUBLE DIN L@@K | eBay

I'm wondering if I have a slightly different unit fitted because my car may be a very early face lift.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Meanwhile I'll carry on plugging through the ICE posts for clues.

Okay sorry for the delay.

Firstly what year is your CLK?

Hi Russ.
It's a CLK350 Avantgarde 2006.

Haha my names Abs :p

Right, do you have an iPhone? If so I would highly recommend you fit a CarPlay unit. These allow full iPhone intergration. Which phone do you have?

Once we have decided on a unit, I can assist in fascia/harnesses

PS I would say go for a good branded unit such as Pioneer or alpine over a non-branded unit from eBay.

Abs

Sorry Abs, not sure where I got Russ from.
I'm an Android guy.

Haha that’s no worries mate.

Right so, Have a look for pioneer/alpine units. You may be interesting in the new ‘Android Auto’ units, or maybe just a normal double din, with Bluetooth,DAB etc? What kind of thing are you after?

You can retain steering wheel control functionality . Here is a link, to all the wiring/adapters your will need. When ordering make sure to specify to them which brand ‘patch lead’ you need, this is dependent on brand of radio.

Right, cheers. I'll have a look around and get back to you if that's OK. Lots to learn, marvelous.

Right, cheers. I'll have a look around and get back to you if that's OK. Lots to learn, marvelous.

No worries. Make sure to quote my message so I get a notification. :)

Good luck
Abs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom