W209 auto folding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kerstep

Car
w209
Any ideas on if possible etc do this myself as I don’t really want to take it somewhere at the moment

After Sam units replaced mirrors wont auto fold on locking the car. The correct menu item has been enabled and they fold-in via the switch, and they used to auto fold before.

I don’t want to spend loads on this or screw up the car , any ideas ?

P

Just a thought have you tried doing it from inside the car. i have seen a video which says if they are knocked by a bike or something you don't want to push them back, just press the close button inside the car and it will reset it. Good luck with it.

Yes they work perfectly from inside the car

After renewing the battery in my SLC, the auto folding mirrors on locking did not work. On checking the menu, it was still enabled and after a few days it just started working again.
Give a few days to see if it resets itself.

Hi
As I previously stated in your earlier thread, this is almost certainly incorrect/incomplete coding of the SAMs that have been replaced, or worse case the wrong replacement SAM unit was fitted.
Which SAMs were replaced? Where in car?
Do you know the Pt.No.'s of the SAMs removed? The Pt.No.'s of the new ones fitted?
There is no avoiding it, it will need to be plugged into STAR to have the coding checked/amended or worse case at least one of the SAM's replaced again to the correct Pt.No. and programmed.
Are you sure the garage got anyone in to do this?
As I seem to remember there is very little that needs to be activated to make it actually work, rather most functions work straight out of the box, and only needs coding to get the relevant control units functions to talk and be visible to the diagnostic system.
It might be they replaced it thinking they needed to get it coded but once replaced and checked it appeared everything worked ok and didn't bother getting in anyone to do it.
If you still haven't sorted it after lockdown and you are in travelling distance of Southampton I will do it for you for some beer tokens
If not in travelling distance of Southampton where in the UK are you so the forum could recommend somewhere with STAR and can diagnose/code the unit.

Understood , how can I find out information about the SAMs , my local garage told me that the SAM units were second hand as my ones were corroded and needed to be replaced.I think one was in the front (fuse box) in the engine bay and the other was in the boot
I think you

I appreciate the offer , I am based in the east London / Essex (Redbridge) area, and am shielding at the moment
The car is a late 2014 with only 27,000 miles. I have had it since new.

Hi,
CLK 209, 2014, I take it that is a typo, should of been a 2004?
Ok well the only way to establish the pt no of the SAM is to look at it which means the front one will need to be released from the fuse box and lifted up enough to see the pt no, similar scenario with the rear.
Plugging the car into STAR will also show the pt no I believe and these would have to correspond to what the EPC states your car should have had.
More I think about this the more I think it is just coding/activating issue.
Well if you want me to look at it after lock down the offer is there.

Yep 2004 W209
Apart from Star equipment will any other type of budget ODB2 device give me this information ?
The full closure and opening works with the remote so it just the folding mirrors.
Hopefully I would like to accept your offer, when all this craziness is over

Yep 2004 W209
Apart from Star equipment will any other type of budget ODB2 device give me this information ?
The full closure and opening works with the remote so it just the folding mirrors.
Hopefully I would like to accept your offer, when all this craziness is over
You will almost certainly need STAR to perform the necessary coding. That said, several years ago when I upgraded folding mirrors on a W169 with upgraded door modules, the folding mirrors didn't work until the replacement door modules were 'reset' using STAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom