W209 Battery Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Hi Folks - Long time no visit (sorry)

My battery is completely dead and long overdue for a replacement so I ordered one today and here in a couple of days. I haven't used the car for a few months and even then only sporadically as my daily driver is left at the station car park.!

My Question - Having a nosey around yesterday I found the battery (tucked nicely up the back of the engine bay in front of the passenger side strut and under the air filter (I assume) but it looks a very small gap with not a lot of room.

Question is - is it easy to get it out and replace with the new one, how is it secured in place as I couldn't see much in the way of securing bolts and is there anything I should know/be careful of when replacing it.?

Many Thanks for you help as always..!

It's handy all you need is 13mm socket long extension and a 10 or 13 spanner there is 2 bolts down the side of the battery the hold it in it pulls up its tight but shouldn't be 2 hard 2 do

Thanks Skipper..!

It has it's MOT on Friday and probably done all of about 2,000 miles since last years.! shame to see it sit there really... Still - Summers nearly here (huhum) so will get some use soon.:thumb:

It is a tight squeeze, and it's very heavy.

You may need to do a bit of resetting when it's back in, eg; seats, roof, windows, service interval indicator.

I suspect it's identical to my W203. I watched my battery being replaced, and I think the only thing that might thwart a DIY attempt is having a long enough extension for your socket set.

Its also great fun trying to get a pipe and the wiring out of the way at the side where the bracket holding the battery has to go!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom