W209 boot lid not flipping up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pos.k

Car
C220 CDI Estate, Alpine White; Jaguar F-Type Coupe Salsa Red AMG SLC 43 Brilliant Blue
Hi guys - the boot lid on my 209 does not flip up when released with the key or inside button.

It has never been great at this - even when new.

I had a similar problem on my 203 after it had been in a bodyshop for a new boot and bumper :eek:, and the bodyshop had hooked the springs on the least tension setting, so just needed to move it back a notch!
I finally got round today to having a look, and on checking, the springs on both sides are already on the rearmost holes - i.e the greatest tension on the spring :confused:
Any suggestions as this was not what I was expecting to find :dk:

ours doesn't do this, never has. should it?!

not if yours is the cabriolet in the picture, because it could pop up whilst the roof is operating and damage one part or the other - our SLK doesn't pop up either - it just unlatches, but the CLK coupe should - afaik.

Check the outside (manual) boot release, as I have found this can stick and may cause remote functions from operating. I have found this a few times. although intrnal release should still work.

My 209 cabriolet boot opens on the key but only slightly, this can be improved by WD40 on the hinges. The coupe should open fully.

FWIW mine opens from the key or the button in the door, but not from the boot button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom