W209 CLK (200) Electric front seat headrest stuck up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colh

Car
E350 Coupe
My driver's seat headrest is in the fully up position, and not responding to the 'down' switch. Passenger side is all working fine. I've seen this general problem mentioned quite a few times on the forums, usually with slightly varying symptoms. These are mine:
- The rest retracts fully when I tip the seat forward, and extends fully when I tip it back again.
- When I press the up switch I can hear (a relay?) under the seat go click.....click..click. (I also hear this on the passenger side, when its fully extended).
- When I press the down switch I hear nothing. (The passenger side also makes no noise, pressing the down switch when it is fully *retracted*)
- Immediately after locking the seat back, while the rest is *still extending*, if I press the up switch then it stops part way. I can't make it stop by pressing the down switch, only the up. (Mind you, after doing this, *none* of the driver's seat switches work until I tip seat forward/back again, and let the rest extend fully!)
Before seeing all the similar posts I had been assuming it was a faulty switch, and that still does seem to best fit my symptoms. But I'm reluctant to chuck it at the dealer and perhaps end up paying for un-necessary parts.
Anyone got any ideas of other things to try...?
Thanks

Wow, I just came on here to mention a quite similar problem !!!
Couldnt believe it when I spotted your title.

My drivers side headrest only goes down part of the way when the seat is put back, it has been like that since I got the car just over 2 years ago, passenger side used to be same, but that seems to be fully adjusable now, although I think someone may have leant on it whilst getting in or out of that side !

How do I get drivers side to go all the way down, as it is really too high for me as it is, (not that I'm short) it does retract when seat is pulled forward, but only seems to be partly adjustable from the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom