w209 clk 500 not starting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went back just now and checked it the brake lights are ok

astamir said:
Went back just now and checked it the brake lights are ok

This is the insides of that junction box. It appears to have a different fuse setup. Hope it's of some help.

Attachments

• image-1526262402.jpg
    image-1526262402.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 20
I've ordered a new starter relay for tomorrow hope that will help.

No luck with new starter relay.
Mechanic says he checked the junction box everything is good there.
Anything else please guys?
Can the gearbox oil level affect it?
Left Brake light not working.
I will check the ground wire one more will take it out clean it and put it back and will see how it goes

Is the gear selector rod still connected to the gearbox?

Someone suggested the ecu needs replacing
Do they really fail the ecu on these cars?
Thanks

I wouldn't have thought it was the ECU; once you've got it started it continues to run? - That would suggest the ECU is doing what it's supposed to.

PobodY said:
I wouldn't have thought it was the ECU; once you've got it started it continues to run? - That would suggest the ECU is doing what it's supposed to.
Yes runs fine after it started

SOLVED
the mechanic flashed the engine and gearbox ECU's and now starts and drives
Hope it's for long now)))

Time to sell .......

I'm surprised it was a simple as that in the end! - I say simple, but what I mean is that I expected you'd need to be replacing parts rather than just reinstalling firmware.

I'm surprised it was a simple as that in the end! - I say simple, but what I mean is that I expected you'd need to be replacing parts rather than just reinstalling firmware.

Me too mate
I'm really confused with that because when the car was started and running there was no problem with gearbox ,but the mechanic said maybe there was an issue with starting between gearbox ecu and engine ecu

The other info I red on American site is when there is not enough oil in gearbox the engine for safety reason doesn't start actually the ecu doesn't let the engine start

I guess that makes sense, but you'd think there would be an error message in that case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom