W209 CLK 500 pops and banks exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChristopherLembra

Car
CLS 55 AMG (current); CLK 500 (sold)
Hello,

I have pre-fl straight pipe clk 500. When I drive and let the revs fall from 3000 to 2000 rpm and meanwhile tap the gas pedal softly then the car makes somewhat quiet pops and banks. Is there a way to tune the car to make those pops and banks stronger? As in to let the fuel map dump more fuel into the exhaust system etc. Maybe someone else e500/cls500/sl500 owner etc has done this before?

Thank You!!!

Pops and bangs... I’ve never quite understood why people want to make their car sound like this..

Im just a young person and I found it very cool when cars do them. Not doing it for other people to flex or something but I just enjoy them myself.

In !950s some jokers use to fit a spark plug to the tail pipe and hook it up to the electrics, flames would shoot out on overrun.

His last thread ended up with the usual fairly unwelcoming hostile forum response. hopefully this one does better.

Instead of ignoring threads which people dont agree with, some members feel the need to add a comment.

Ive removed the pointless comments, this forum can be so unwelcoming to new members at times.

Last edited:
Hello,

I have pre-fl straight pipe clk 500. When I drive and let the revs fall from 3000 to 2000 rpm and meanwhile tap the gas pedal softly then the car makes somewhat quiet pops and banks. Is there a way to tune the car to make those pops and banks stronger? As in to let the fuel map dump more fuel into the exhaust system etc. Maybe someone else e500/cls500/sl500 owner etc has done this before?

Thank You!!!
I've no idea how to...but if you find out, post hear (see what I did there).

His last thread ended up with the usual fairly unwelcoming hostile forum response. hopefully this one does better.

Instead of ignoring threads which people dont agree with, some members feel the need to add a comment.

I've removed the pointless comments, this forum can be so unwelcoming to new members at times.

So you are condoning anti-social and possible illegal behaviour whereby a modification renders a vehicle in breach of MoT and Construction and Use Regs??

Perhaps you have never experienced the effects of an accident caused by a dog being scared, and bolting, due to an explosive noise. If not, I hope you never have to

So you ar

So you are condoning anti-social and possible illegal behaviour whereby a modification renders a vehicle in breach of MoT and Construction and Use Regs??
I think no one is suggesting anything other than what, say, an A45AMG might have as standard.

A fair and valid reply but an A45AMG is designed that way, has a full quota of CATS and is emissions compliant.

Perhaps you have never experienced the effects of an accident caused by a dog being scared, and bolting, due to an explosive noise. If not, I hope you never have to

If the dog was so easliy scared, why wasnt it on a lead, if it was by a road?

My car pops and small bangs from factory.

You have completely missed the point of my message, alot of members feel the need to 'attack' new members asking simple questions.

If you have nothing pleasant to say, say nothing at all.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And you have missed the point - there is a difference between a factory designed and installed, compliant system, and a home bodge which is neither.

Such acts are typical and reflective of the anti social “I’ll do what I want and stuff anyone else” behaviour we are seeing too much of these days.

It should be perfectly permissible to say you don’t agree with something.

Now I’m off to light a bonfire while my neighbours laundry is airing in the garden.

As anti social as having a dog off its lead while it mauls another dog/wildlife/child, or bolts causing an accident.

Why remove my post saying not everyone likes it but not a post expressing frustration that Scooby owners do the same?

Seems a little inconsistent to me.

As anti social as having a dog off its lead while it mauls another dog/wildlife/child, or bolts causing an accident.

Did I say the dog was off it’s lead?No...stop changing the subject - start another thread about dogs if you want.

Hey! I actually always make sure there arent many people or animals nearbu (specially the elderly and kids). I always drive by slowly when I see a 5-year old riding on a bike with his parent etc. So safety first :) And I never try to make excessive sounds in quiet neighbourhoods (in which I also live), except the startuo ofcourse (and cold start).

Yes this is 2. thread already since on last thread there wasnt much help but rather just many different oppinions (which are always welcome but I didnt get quite enough information from the forum).

Whats a scooby owner??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom