W209 CLK 500 Straight pipe CEL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChristopherLembra

Car
CLS 55 AMG (current); CLK 500 (sold)
Salutations

I recently completed my full straight pipe for w209 5.0 engine. Muffler, resonator both primary AND both secondary cats removed + x pipe with quad tips. I knew CEL would go on so I installed lambda spacers. Lambda spacers held CEL back for about 48 hours then the light came on. I went to a friend who did a remap so that CEL wont shop up anymore. Now when I rev alot and step on the gas, my car goes in this low fuel mode (or whatever it is called) and engine cuts the power by like 90%. But there isn't any error code and neither is CEL appearing.

My question is if does anyone know the exact error code for the low power mode or how could I stop this from happening. If you could only tell me the error code then my friend would be able to complete the remap.

Thank You!

Or take it to someone that can re-map it properly.

Or take it to someone that can re-map it properly.
The guy knows how to remap cars properly. He tunes formulas as his hobby. He just isnt that familiar with mercedes and needs to know which error code to remove. The error code wont show up in diagnostic history either :/

Tuning race cars and road cars is a significantly different proposition. Race cars usually have standalone management systems devoid of the limits, restrictions and dependencies of their road going counterparts, because there's no warranties to uphold or conformity regulations to meet.

So knowing the former is not necessarily any guarantee of being competent at the latter. Undo what he's fiddled with, let the CEL illuminate and you might start getting some codes recorded along with it.

Tuning race cars and road cars is a significantly different proposition. Race cars usually have standalone management systems devoid of the limits, restrictions and dependencies of their road going counterparts, because there's no warranties to uphold or conformity regulations to meet.

So knowing the former is not necessarily any guarantee of being competent at the latter. Undo what he's fiddled with, let the CEL illuminate and you might start getting some codes recorded along with it.
when the CEL was on there was no indication of the engine low power error code. We fixed every error code of CEL (which occured because of absence of lambda sensors). Just need to know what error code would be which switches on the low power mode,

Just need to know what error code would be which switches on the low power mode,
That's the point you don't seem to be grasping. There isn't a specific "low power" error code that you can just bypass, it is happening in response to whatever limit you're banging into in the ECU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom