W209 clk 55 amg avantgarde??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChristopherLembra

Car
CLS 55 AMG (current); CLK 500 (sold)
Hi, was there ever a w209 clk 55 amg with avantgarde package? I saw a guy have pictures with both avantgarde and v8 amg signs on the side. Hes w209 also had single tip exhaust (left side). All this makes things sus because I suspect he actually has 5.0 engine.

Well the ‘55 AMG doesn’t have V8 badges on it either, so it’s anyone’s guess!

Not certain on the 209 but the 208 CLK was based on the Avantgarde and they used to have Avantgarde wing badges from the factory.

The exhausts should exit on one side, a pair of tips only - not quads like the some of the later AMGs you maybe familiar with.

Best bet is to check from the reg. If it’s a 55 it will be registered as 5439cc, a 500 won’t :thumb:

Also check the brakes - very few tarted up non-AMGs will have the correct callipers ;)

I have a cls 55 amg i have noticed it has been remapped by MSL will this have any detrimentle affect to eithe engine or gear box

I have a cls 55 amg i have noticed it has been remapped by MSL will this have any detrimentle affect to eithe engine or gear box
It shouldn’t have any detrimental effect on either. MSL are a well regarded Mercedes tuner. Wise to check with them what they have done to it though, and incase you fancy adding any more bhp..

It shouldn’t have any detrimental effect on either. MSL are a well regarded Mercedes tuner. Wise to check with them what they have done to it though, and incase you fancy adding any more bhp..
Lol i think 515 is enough for me thanks it my first at this power i need to get used to it ... thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom